Easy Veggie Roast
This recipe by Michelin restaurant experienced chef, Rosy Rong, is super easy to make and so delicious that you'll want to make night after night.
To make this you will need:
- One bunch Yam House Farm Baby Beetroot
- One Yam House Farm Acorn Squash
- One bunch Yam House Farm Baby Turnip
- Handful of parley
- Two cloves of garlic
- Salt and other seasonings of your choice
- Wash off your veg and cut them up.
- Cut beets and turnips in twos or fours and squash into ~1/3 inch slices.
- Put it all in one baking sheet, and give it a few big glugs of good olive oil, a little salt and any other seasonings of your choice; paprika and a little cayenne pepper might do nicely. You don’t need much, the flavor of these vegetables really speak for themselves.
- Give them a little toss around to ensure the oil and seasonings coat the vegetables evenly, and that they are in a single layer on your oven sheet.
- Roast on high heat for~10 mins, turning twice or thrice.
- While this is happening, roughly chop your parsley and garlic.
- Once you take the veggies out of the oven, put in your rough chopped garlic and parsley while still hot.
- Give everything a good tumble around the pan with your spatula and just soak in the mouthwatering aroma arising from this pan.
You can serve this with a roast chicken for a bountiful Sunday lunch, and use the leftovers (if there are any) the next day on some fresh bread and cheese for an epic cheese toasty. You can also have this with the Yam House Farm Lettuce Mix with a poached egg on top for a nutrient packed no fuss lunch.